Substitute Teachers


We have openings for the 2020-2021 school year for substitute teachers and paraprofessionals at our eight elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools. Substitute teacher candidates must hold a Bachelors or Associates degree.

Applying for a Substitute Teaching Position

Application documents below include payroll and retirement forms and an authorization for a criminal history check, as well as information about the fingerprinting process, which is now required.

  • All forms, including the Bencor retirement form, need to be completed.
  • Please note the application requires the names and contact information for three (3) professional references. These should be people who can provide information about your performance in a work setting.
  • You cannot be a substitute until we have received, reviewed, and approved your criminal record (CORI) and fingerprint (SAFIS) reports. The process can take up to three (3) weeks from the time you return your paperwork.
  • Please hand-deliver your completed forms to the Human Resources office. You will need to bring a government-issued photo ID, as we have to verify your identity. 
  • To be a substitute teacher you need an Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree. A transcript is required.
  • Please note, only those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for long-term sub assignments.
  • If you are a junior or senior college student enrolled in a four-year program, you may be eligible to be on the substitute teacher list. Please check with Human Resources.

Please call 499-9505 to set up an appointment to return your paperwork. You will need to bring:

  1. driver’s license
  2. social security card (or unexpired U.S. Passport)
  3. college transcript
  4. receipt from fingerprinting center

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.